Today I want to share a recipe with you! I made Masala Patties today as I was craving something zesty, warm and easy to make! These patties resemble the popular street food found in Gujarat called Ragda Patties. I am learning how to make Indian food and when something comes out right, I feel like I need to share and that is exactly why this post is happening.
Let me know how you like it if you give this recipe a try!
- 3 Boiled Potatoes
- 1 Cup Boiled Peas ( Save about 1/3 cup of boiled water to add into the mixture)
- Handful Chopped Cilantro
- 1/2 Tbsp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Red Chili Powder (use less or more according to preference, the more you use the spicier)
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 Tbsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp Garam Masala
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1-2 Tbsp Canola Oil – to pan fry in
1) Roughly mash the boiled peas, potatoes and the saved boiled water together (use a potato masher or hands).
2) Add in the rest of the ingredients and mash everything together until you form a dough-like consistency.
3) Roll the mixture into small balls and flatten them out to form a patty shape.
4) Heat the oil in a pan. Turn the gas to be on medium-high heat and place the patties in the pan.
5) Pan fry until both sides are golden and crispy.
4) Remove from the heat and serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce.
Serves 2-3 people. Pair with Cilantro Chutney and/or Tamarind Chutney!